Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I was joking.....but is it true?

This morning I was sweeping the floor, the kids were eating breakfast, and Rob was trying to get out the door for class. I was reminding him of things... "did you pack your lunch?", did you take out the laundry for me so I can get it done today?" "don't forget the hearing aid store" "don't forget to talk to the VA rep at the college" and jokingly I asked " what would you do without me?" to which he replies "I would die??" this tends to be a normal morning/ day around here. Mom reminds everyone of everything...it's just the way it is. just as Rob was walking out the door I said "did you remember your meds for your refill?" Rob says "Oh crap!, thanks!" grabs them and comes over to give me a kiss.
I smile and say "why am I having to remind you of everything this morning?" and from the kitchen I hear Samantha say:
"cuz your the women that's why!" not womAN but womEN....as in "that is what women do! duh"
It made Rob and I giggle, but I began to realize that as much as I joke about it, it really is true, WOMEN tend to be the ones to hold the house together no matter how much else they have going on (school, work, kids, house, doctors) they always seem to be the ones that keep everyone's schedule in check. And even at nearly 6 years old my daughter has observed and learned this behavior as FACT...I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not?
One afternoon after my mental breakdown a few weeks ago, Robert said to me "Mom, nothing can happen to you, we need you! if you weren't here the whole house would self destruct!" I laughed at him....but I think he's right!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it really is true. :/ sad though in a way, but uplifting in others.