Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The life of a not so young college student!

Wow, school started a little over 3 weeks ago already and boy am I exhausted! it seems like everything is just flying by, each day is sort of a blur of the last and the next. My classes are going well, so far. I'm staying ahead as far as I can, and putting in about 40 hrs right now both at the college,driving, and doing homework. When I add to that trips to the store, picking up daycare kids from the bus for the hubby, girl scouts, dentists ect. I'm one busy cookie! Rob has taken over the role of homeschooler, house cleaner, cook, and babysitter incredibly well! I am so blessed that I have a husband who has always been active in our daily lives and was well aware how much WORK it took to keep the house functioning!
I try to pick up some slack for him on Tue/Thur afternoons and Friday's by running errands and doing the pick-up for him, and although it adds to my craziness, I am also greatful I get to do those little things to ease the load for him.

So, its almost the end of the THIRD week.....did I mention that already? did I also mention that I've missed 3 weeks of science and math lessons, 3 weeks of hearing my little girl read, 3 weeks of tuck ins, and I love you's and hey mom I don't understand how to do this.....Well I have, I've missed A LOT, and it makes me sad. BUT i've also gained 3 weeks of ground toward our future. So, on the rough days, like today, when I want to go home and tuck in my kids instead of going to terminology class, or on the mornings when Samantha asks me to stay home and I tell her I want to but have to go yet secretly aching to just relent and stay with her.......on those rough days, I remember I'm closer to our goal and it will all be worth it in the end! For now, I am just going to just keep breathing and keep taking those ever so important steps, just like my family is doing at home, and together, we will get to the finish line!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing great, darling.....I am so freaking proud of you. Sometimes, you have to let go of the family and branch out in order to do what's best for the family.
***hugs*** love you.