Thursday, December 16, 2010

feeling better....but its just a feeling

I met with my friend/mentor. It was a great visit. she was a big help, called the church and got us some food gift cards and a gas card so I didn't have to worry about gas for a few days!
Her husband (I had no idea at the time) also happens to be a licensed counselor, so she shared my email with him and asked him what advice he would give to me if I came to his office. He told her, she said, the same thing he had years ago when their children were young (her youngest is mid 20's now) "you can not, and should not live your life based on your feelings. feelings are just things, they change, min. to min., day to day, moment to moment. Instead, live your life and make your decisions based on FACTS whatever you base your facts on (the bible scripture, the teachings of the Koran, scientific study, ect) whatever you believe as true and factual is what you should turn to in times you "feel" in crisis" it was like a light-bulb for me. I feel so deeply the things that happen around me, that I sometimes let those feelings consume me without giving much thought to the FACTS. I do believe in a higher power, I DO believe that there IS a plan for our lives that we in fact have a hand in laying out before we come to this earth, I DO believe that we are here to fulfill a purpose. these things are my truth, they are my fact.

1.) I am here, living this life, having these experiences for a reason, an important reason
2.) there IS something bigger than my life that created this plan and purpose with me
3.) there ARE many guides and Angels that will lead and support me in my journey if I remember to ask them and seek their guidance when I feel lost.
4.) My family and my children complete me as a person, we are not perfect and neither am I and that is OK as long as I am complete.
5.) Hope is a feeling, and sometimes it gets lost....the fact is that I will continue the path I am supposed to be on and the feelings will return to a state of normalcy on their own, I do not need to search for them
6.) I believe in the Truth of miracles, I believe they have happened to me before, and I believe they will happen for me again.

I am now reminding myself, in the days that I want to pull out my hair (like today when I found out my oldest needs PT 3 times a week for 3 weeks for his knee...$255+ minimum) and "feel" out of control that my TRUTH, My FACT, is that I never had control to begin with and that all of these things will be provided for and experienced as I was meant to, and when it's all said and done I will "feel" the peace that I have searched for because I believed in the facts!

I will close with the reading that was in the book that Mrs. Sampley gave to me the day I visited her. its a daily devotional that a friend gave her years ago, it was in a box in her garage, she went and got it and gave it to me and we read allowed from the day that corresponded with the day of my visit...it gave me chills...
"Stay ever so close to me, and you will not deviate from the path I have prepared for you. This is the most efficient way to stay on track; it is also the most enjoyable way. Men tend to multiply duties in their observance of religion. This practice enables them to give Me money, time, and work without yielding up to Me what I desire the most-their hearts. Rules can be observed mechanically. Once they become habitual, they can be followed with minimal effort and almost no thought. these habit-forming rules provide a false sense of security, lulling the soul into a comatose condition. What I search for in My children is an awakened soul that thrills to the Joy of My Presence! I created mankind to glorify Me and enjoy Me forever. I provide the Joy; your part is to glorify Me by living lose to Me."
~Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where's the damn "like" button for when there are no words to describe how much I like the blog contents? bollocks!