Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Unemployment rollercoaster again

Well to add to my oh so fun couple of weeks emotionally, Rob got laid off yesterday. YEP 3rd time in 3 years, and after only 3 months of working after an 18 month stint on unemployment. I'm angry, I don't want to have to deal with the food-stamps office or the food-bank line again, but I won't have choice in a few weeks if things don't fall into place pretty quickly with loans and grants and military disability information.

On the up side, yes I still have those occasionally, I have scheduled a meeting with a very great woman next week, an old college professor who was somewhat of a mentor to me. I emailed her about some of my struggles and she asked to meet with me in person. I am actually looking forward to it. pouring my heart out to someone in person who isn't my husband sounds like it might be a cleansing experience, I am hoping to come away from it with a renewed bit of energy and hope. I really hope I feel a bit better soon....I'm trying, I really am, but It's not helping much yet. i guess I haven't given up hope completely if I am willing to keep trying...part of my personality I guess, I am a fighter, even when I don't want to be anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it def. helps to talk to someone in person.....i hope this is a step toward what you need. I love you so much - be well sweetie.

give rob a hug from me and scott. it can't be easy to be him and he keeps such a good attitude. I'll give you a hug soon as i can in person.