Sunday, January 16, 2011

anxiety...

the last few days have been very good days filled with Samantha's birthday celebration, filing our taxes and seeing our return amount, buying a new couch to be delivered on Friday, and getting things picked up and organized around the house. Yet I have been so full of anxiety....at night before I am falling asleep, and first thing in the morning when I open my eyes that familiar knot is in my stomach and my heart is racing... regularly throughout the day I find myself short of breath, with the overwhelming feeling. I have started back on my Gaba twice a day and I think tomorrow morning I am going to start on the Saint John's Wort again and see if that gets things back into check. I really hate to get back on the pharmaceutical meds again if I can help it, I am hoping if I stay diligent with my herbs I will be ok.
In the mean time, I REALLY hate feeling like this! I am trying to keep myself busy and just ignore it through most of the days since getting lost in the feelings doesn't help them go away.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

So sorry about the anxiety...i know you've probably tried various things to help it naturally, but what about yoga and/or exercise? If anything, at least these are some more "fillers" to keep you busy. ;-)

keeping you in my heart and mind and prayers for less anxiety my friend!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sheila, but I do want you to know that the medications are there for when the neutraceuticals go as far as they can.

I hate being trapped in the medicine too. And I hope I can wean myself off of it soon as well. And I would love to have the info on herbs you have for me....

Yoga is fantastic. My thoughts are with you...and i am sending calming healing vibes your way, babe.