Monday, January 31, 2011

I am MOM

it's become very clear to me over the last few months that I am "mom" to many people in my life. I mean of course I am the mom to my children, and my animals in my house, but I am also the "mom" to a number of 20 somethings that I have met since meeting Amyee in my ASL class close to 3 years ago. I am the one that everyone calls when they are sick and want to know if they should be worried about the blood tinge in their mucus, I am the one that everyone calls when they are fighting with a significant other and want advice, I am the one that everyone calls when they are bored or need help with a resume or a ride to a job or someone to sit with them in the ER, and I am also the one that gets called by the ones with babies. I get breastfeeding questions, I get general health questions, & I get baby sitting requests. for the most part I don't mind any of it, I like being there for people I like helping! I hear a lot of "your the best!" and "thanks so much!" and my response is always the same: "glad I could help" or "happy to" and I really am! BUT I'm feeling recently like I need some time for ME, and like maybe I need to find a way to be ok with saying: "no I can't do that today" or "I really don't have the energy to be the relationship person today"
but I find that hard to do, my desire to help others has always been a fault and I'm starting to relegate some responsibility to my husband and my kids for things (although its hard with the kids, that's another post!) I really need to start expanding that to everyone else in my life....its just so HARD! I'm the give you the shirt off my back even if its the last one I have kind of person....not sure if I will ever change!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

take some time for yourself. come to TX and you can ask ME to do all those things for you. :) bring the kids and we can have a night out where Scott watches the kids!!

I love you....and you do too much. Stop it.