Saturday, June 14, 2008

frame of mind?

over the last two weeks, my husband worked ALOT, his check this friday was for 104 hrs, in 2 weeks! I was so proud of him for pushing thru the summer break and getting us a little extra money, and so proud of the kids and I for making it thru without having daddy home. I had such wonderful plans for all our "extra money" a little savings for our trip in august, some money for Rob to get his tatto that he has been waiting for 3 years to get, and paying off one of the credit cards, I couldn't wait to put all that hard work to use!

So friday came and the check was in the bank, no sooner do I see the balance of our account, my excitement is stomped on........the neon, the one Rob drives to oxnard everyweekend has 4 bald tires, we need new ones before Rob has an accident on the drive to or from work.

Alright, so that is only gonna be half the extra right? NOT apparently tires for a Neon are crazy, we went to discount tires, and they got us the cheapest tires for the car $440 for all four.

I spent a good 3 hours absolutly pissed, feeling like we never get to ENJOY what we all work so hard for, and mourning all my wonderful plans.

I'm sitting in the car waiting for Rob to pay the bill so I can follow him home, and out of no where I feel like I am hit by a MAC- TRUCK, all of the sudden, this overwhelming sense comes over me........BE THANKFUL!

so I tried it, I think a higher power (call it God or whatever you like) was with me.....I realized that I should be thankful that we had been given the opportunity to have that extra money to replace our tires without causing us financial difficulty, I should have been thankful that my husband hadn't been hurt by a blowout while we pushed our tires until that extra money came in, I needed to be THANKFUL for the little things!

so I have made a resolve in myself with my Spirit, and my soul, with my Guides and my Angel's.....I will remeber to be thankful for the things that I am given and remember that life is hard, but somehow we are always provided what we need when we need it..........
Even when life doesn't go MY way, I need to remeber that it IS going the RIGHT way!

It's inspiring to see what a little change in the frame of mind can do, give it a try, I think you will be amazed!

No comments: